The colossal amount of fruit flies buzzed around the house with the latest gossip.
“Apparently, some inept cook is going to make 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bars,” One hissed to Another.
“How can one mess that up,” Another exclaimed to One, “when there are only 5 ingredients!”
“She’ll find a way…” One foretold.
Today I made 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bars! To find the original recipe click here.
I was a bit doubtful because usually I mess up simple recipes pretty badly. For example, I wouldn’t have been surprised if I had burnt them.
The recipe said it would take about 15 minutes to prepare, I took about an hour. Here’s what I did:
Breakfast Bars by Minimalist Baker
Ingredient count: 5
Agave nectar (original recipe states the alternative options)
Gluten free quick oats
- I made the mistake of putting the pitless dates in my Vitamix instead of in the food processor. It was very hard to get them out because they were so sticky.
- Put the date “dough” in a large bowl.
- Toast your oats and almonds in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While they are toasting, mix together your almond butter and agave nectar on the stove.
- Then mix together everything and put in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out and cut into pieces.
They were positively delicious and strangely enough, I only made ONE mistake. Take that, fruit flies!